- i) visitors to the Website; and
- i) users who register accounts on the Website using their email addresses or any other method of identification that we accept.
BCA will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant visitor(s)/user(s) of the Website (whether registered or not) (collectively, "User(s)").
By registering an account on or using the services provided by the Website, or by clicking the ['Register'] button, each User:
- a. consents to BCA, the Government of Singapore and/or Public Agencies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing the User's data for any or all of the Purposes (as defined below);
- b. consents to BCA, the Government of Singapore and/or Public Agencies disclosing the User’s data to BCA's third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Singapore) for any or all of the Purposes (as defined below).
- means the Building and Construction Authority, a statutory board incorporated pursuant to the Building and Construction Authority Act (Cap. 30A).
- "Government of Singapore"
- means the Government of Republic of Singapore as a whole including all its Ministries, government departments and organs of state.
- "Public Agencies"
- means any statutory boards incorporated pursuant to any Singapore act or legislation and which perform a public function.
- has the meaning given to it in the section titled ‘Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data’ below;
- "Register User(s)"
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Website, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Website, it may be necessary for Users to provide BCA with such information and/or data.
BCA's purposes for collecting and using this information and/or data on the Website include but are not limited to the following (collectively, the "Purposes", and each, a “Purpose”):
- a. for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
- b. to allow Users to advertise their technologies and/or products related to buildings, and to source for appropriate technologies and/or products for their built environment projects by way of a directory search or other means;
- c. to allow 3rd party evaluators and users to provide evaluations and ratings of technologies and/or products which may be visible to other Users;
- d. to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
- e. to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to his/her use of the Website and to respond to Users’ inquiries or requests;
- f. to assist BCA with further developments to the Website, and for future marketing and promoting purposes related to the Website or other internal purposes;
- g. to verify the identity of Users who have posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Posted Information”) on the Website;
- h. to identify Users who have viewed the Posted Information posted on the Website;
- i. to allow Users to enjoy their benefits as members of the Website by enrolling for special events and promotions hosted by BCA and/or its affiliates and/or partners in the built environment industry;
- j. to identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Website by receiving and usingmarketing promotional materials; and
- k. to obtain statistics about Users to analyse usage of the Website in order to help its further development.
Before using the Website or disclosing any information or data on the Website, Users under the age of 18 should seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact BCA for registering the User as member of the Website.
If BCA requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than the Purposes, we will request your consent for such use. If you are a minor, the consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
BCA may collect personal information and/or data about a User, such as his/her name, log-in ID and password, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level, institution and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, BCA may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
BCA will use your personal information and/or data in furtherance of the Purpose(s) for which you provided such information and/or data. BCA may share such information and/or data with the Government of Singapore and other Public Agencies, where necessary, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
Except as provided hereinbefore, BCA will NOT share your personal information and/or data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
For your convenience, BCA may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Public Agencies.
This Website may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to track your session when you enter the Website. [The cookies will be deleted after you leave the Website.] BCA does not use your cookies for any other purpose other than keeping track of your browsing session with the Website.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from making full use of the Website.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This Website may contain links to other third party sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy policies of those sites.
Please send an email to email@example.com , if you
- a. have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
- b. need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.