A smart advisor to help you to plan your retrofitting projects and new development for super low energy target
An informative database for air con efficiency monitoring projects, demo projects and research projects
An informative directory for technologies and products
A statistical database for green buildings and green technologies in singapore
NEWS & UPDATES
- SLE Technology Development and SLEB Smart Hub.pdf
- Natflow Pte Ltd - Apr 2019 - PDV _for circulation_.pdf
- NZEB@SDE- Hybrid System Shared.pdf
- BCA ZNE SLEB Workshop v3 LBNL.pdf
- Airbitat Smart Cooler _BCA_ - short.pdf
- IoT, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, BIM and Digital Twins in Building Automation and Management Applications.pdf
This type of ACMV system consists of air treatment unit, air distribution system, air terminal unit and control system. Differentiate from existing ones are that it can achieve truly independent control of indoor temperature, humidity and ventilation (varying one parameter will not affecting others), so that both lowest energy cost and good indoor environment quality can be guaranteed.
Air treatment unit: three kinds of air treatment units are developed to satisfy different air treatment requirements. Liquid Desiccant Air Conditioning System (LDACS) (patented) which can energy efficiently dry the air to very low humidity ratio; Dual-Cycle Air Dehumidification System (DCACS) which is energy efficient, easy to use and can suit most building applications; and Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) which recover waste energy from exhaust air with efficiency of over 70%. These systems can be used to treat the ventilation air for dedicated outdoor air systems and can achieve 20% to 40% energy savings when applied to residential and commercial building ACMV systems.
Intelligent air distribution system: a low cost and easy-to-implement Intelligent Air Distribution System (IADS) for dynamic control of building ventilation was developed. The system consists of Indoor Air Quality Sensors, Indoor Controller, Smart Damper and Direct Digital Control System. The Direct Digital Control System receives data from the indoor controllers, Smart Dampers, and fan to build and update the mathematical model for the air duct network. The intelligent adaptive optimization algorithm then computes the required damper positions and fan speed to achieve optimum working conditions in terms of the good IEQ and minimum energy consumption.
Air terminal units: the quiet and energy efficient terminal units are designed based on four major air physical phenomenon: entrainment, thermosiphon, displacement and coanda effects. Our products include Passive Chilled Beams (PCB), Active Chilled Beams (PCB), Dual-Mode Passive Thermosiphon Beams (DMTB) and Tri-Mode Thermosiphon Beams (TMTB). Depending on the application, the combination use of these terminal units provide the best solution in terms of energy, cost and comfort.
Control system: an intelligent building management system (Building STAR) that offers functions of Energy Analytic, Modelling, Control Loop Auto-tuning, System Optimization and Fault Detection and Diagnostics. In BSTAR, disparate building sub-systems can be integrated using a shared network such that they can all be controlled by a centralized common user interface. All information resources of each sub-system can be shared in the platform to optimize building management functions and maximize building performance and efficiency. Reliable and efficient application system with comprehensive management functions can be flexible designed for different scale of buildings, nature of businesses and style of facility management.
The operating principle of the system is as follows:
1) Chiller plant generate 10 C -12 C degree chilled water and supplied to both terminal units and air treatment units
2) The air treatment units used as Dedicated Outdoor Air system (DOAS) handle all the space latent loads and part of sensible loads
3) The treated ventilation air is supplied to different zone through Intelligent Air Distribution System (IADS) according to the space need
4) The Thermosiphon Beam (TB) terminal units provide the required sensible cooling with best Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ).
5) The Intelligent Energy Management System (BSTAR) coordinate the performance of each element so that the system performance can be optimized at part load conditions
SunPower Maxeon panels combine the top efficiency, durability and warranty available in the market today, resulting in more long-term energy and savings.
PRESTIGE is the new technology wireless VAV floor diffuser (10yrs battery life). It is a variable volume air terminal for use in raised floor air systems. It features an 18 gauge (1.3mm) galvanized steel catch pan assembly, with all interior features pre-painted flat black cast aluminum grille produces 360 degree omni-directional mixing air flow. A manually adjustable sliding damper allows occupants to limit maximum air flow. Ten (10) standard grille colors are available; custom colors and finishes can be provided to match architectural design. It requires no wired connectivity of any kind to function. Power is provided by an integrated high capacity battery, designed to facilitate normal operation in an office application for up to ten (10) years (projected). Thermostatic control is handled via Zigbee 2.4 GHz wireless signal to a separate Concentrator. The Concentrator is connected to a standard 24 VAC zone controller, and accepts a 0–10V cooling signal. Each Concentrator supports up to thirty-two (32) paired units.
It is designed for NC17. The wireless design eliminates the installation of hardware i.e. power transformer & additional wirings i.e. power & comm cables. Thus greatly reduces the installation cost (materials, labour, time) and need very little maintenance just vacuum the dust pan once every year for high traffic area or once every 5yrs for low traffic area. It takes seconds to install per floor diffuser, not expensive, not messy process and no disrupt building operation over an extended period of time many benefits using UFAD compare to the overhead VAV mixing system that requires unsightly & expensive overhead ductworks etc.
• FCC approved 2.4 GHz wireless communications supports unobstructed zones up to 100 meters
• Connect up to 32 diffusers to a single wireless concentrator (one Concentrator recommended per thermostatic zone)
• Sync units using the intuitive push-button pairing mode
• VAV damper designed for ultra low power consumption, providing a projected 10-year battery life
• Fully motorized diffuser plate moves in response to changes in temperature
• User-controlled manual damper for true personal comfort, independent of thermostatic control
• Parts and labor warranty covers 5 years of operation in a standard office application
• Quick, easy & efficient installation
The Super Low Energy Building (SLEB) Smart Hub is a platform for companies to share their latest green building technology with building owners, professionals, researchers and policymakers.
Building owners and professionals can access or submit important data about the technology such as energy savings and performance.
The SLEB Smart Hub will foster closer collaborations among and within the industry and the research community with the ease of sharing of data and ideas for improvement for a greener built environment in Singapore.
A central platform to collect, exchange and analyse essential data and information relating to building energy efficiency.
Make it easy to achieve super energy efficient buildings and green mark buildings.
Empower building owners and developers to consider the adoption of even more energy efficient technologies for their developments and provide a friendly platform for technology companies to promote their products with useful, validated data about their energy performance and conservation.