200 Braddell Road Singapore 579700
Building and Construction Authority
1. In September 2018, BCA launched the Super Low Energy (SLE) Programme to push the envelope of environmental sustainability in Singapore. To drive the SLE solutions for our tropical built environment, innovative Air-conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) and lighting solutions had been identified as the key focus areas under the SLE Building Technology Roadmap.
2. To accelerate the development and deployment of innovative solutions for SLEB, BCA is launching a Transnational R&D Challenge Call for Next-generation Green Building Technologies. This challenge call, funded by National Research Foundation (NRF) through the Green Buildings Innovation Cluster (GBIC) programme, aims to develop and test-bed innovative ACMV and lighting technologies that can significantly reduce building energy consumption and have a high potential for commercialisation.
3. This challenge call also encourages technology providers, researchers and potential adopters to co-create innovative next-generation ACMV and lighting solutions to push boundaries for energy performance and bring sustained cost savings in the long run.
Scope of Challenge Call
4. Proposals shall involve development of innovative, highly energy-efficient, and close-to-market ACMV and lighting solutions suitable for the tropics.
5. Industry driven proposals will be assessed more favourably. The developed prototypes should be tested in an operational environment in actual buildings or in a high-fidelity testbed environment, as part of the deliverables. Proposals with strong commitment from building owners/developers to demonstrate their technologies in real buildings after R&D will be considered favourably.
6. Interested applicants are required to submit proposals through the Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) at https://researchgrant.gov.sg/ with the supporting documents by 20 Sep 2021, 2355 hours (Singapore time). Separate submissions outside of IGMS will not be considered. The challenge call documents can be downloaded here.
7. A virtual sharing seesion for the challenge call will be conducted at 3-5 pm on 26 Aug 2021. Please register your interest here if you would like to attend it.
8. Should you have any enquiries, please email to the GBIC Secretariat at [email protected]